The church of Longuelo: History of construction
This research project presents a critical study about the church of Longuelo, Italy, designed in 1966 by Giuseppe “Pino” Pizzigoni (1901–1967), an Italian architect who lived and worked in Bergamo. The church is probably his masterpiece, taken on with a combination of limited analytic knowledge about structures, perseverance and partial unconsciousness, typical at time. The cultural background of the architect and the whole conception of the project, as well as the building characters, its construction history and impact on the architectonic culture are investigated in this research work.
Research investigators: Carlo Deregibus and Alberto Pugnale.
(Cover Photo by Carlo Deregibus)